MGE/MGE-XE: What's it like?

A forum for general discussions such as gameplay, mods and lore.
Turelek
Visitor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Turelek »

Hi all,

I've been considering getting MGE/XE (mostly for the MWSE capabilities) but I'm not sure about it. I play Morrowind on an older laptop, and having a good consistent FPS is very important to me. Is there a performance hit with MGE/XE? Can I keep vanilla textures and such on MGE/XE or does it upgrade everything?

Sorry if you don't like the questions, I'm just very curious. :lol:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
dietbob196045
Thegn
Hunter

Post by dietbob196045 »

Leo can probably answer that better then me, I never used it, I personally don't use mods that require mods, that require other mods etc. etc. plain and simple that's me.
Enjoy the Great looking Can of Dietbob, because the taste isn't so great
Introducing Dietbob Zero, lots of Calories, Zero Flavor

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Leonardo
High King
Hunter

Post by Leonardo »

Turelek wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 21:18 Hi all,

I've been considering getting MGE/XE (mostly for the MWSE capabilities) but I'm not sure about it. I play Morrowind on an older laptop, and having a good consistent FPS is very important to me. Is there a performance hit with MGE/XE? Can I keep vanilla textures and such on MGE/XE or does it upgrade everything?
You're not sure, let me tell you something using MGE or MGE-XE will make graphics in-game much better.

The only way to get a performance hit is to use a lot of texture mods e.g grass, texture replacers, overhauls (MGSO comes to mind), shaders etc, because Morrowind is a very CPU intensive game and using MGE-XE (requires Shader 3.0 for your video card) will reduce lag with a decent FPS (although little lower than normal) in-game.

Here is the guide.
Turelek wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 21:18 Sorry if you don't like the questions, I'm just very curious. :lol:
Anyone is curious. :P

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic